LED shop lights are ideal for any business that needs to light up ample space. The LED bulbs used in these fixtures use only 25 watts of power and emit the same amount of light as a 400-watt incandescent bulb. This means you can get more light for less electricity, which is excellent news if your company has tight margins! 8ft led shop lights are one of the most powerful lights that emit great light in its surroundings and even come at a fantastic price. In this article, we will discuss everything you wish to know about the LED shop lights.
What is an LED shop light?
Shop lights, or task lighting, are used to illuminate work areas in commercial and industrial facilities. LED shop lights provide a more natural light (compared with fluorescent bulbs) that makes colours appear brighter and makes objects easier for the eye to see. They also offer more extended hours of illumination before needing replacing, reduced power consumption, and less heat output. You must check on Dhgate for some amazing LED light collections.
Advantages Of Shop Lights
- Easy To Install
LED lights are much easier to install and don’t require the same level of expertise.
- Energy Efficient
LEDs use significantly less power than traditional fluorescent bulbs, which saves you money on your electric bill over time.
One of the top reasons to buy LED lights for your shop is that they are cost-effective. The lifespan of a LED light is typically more than 50,000 hours and can save you up to 80% on energy costs over traditional fluorescent lighting with 40-watt incandescent bulbs.
- Wastes less light
LED lights use less energy than fluorescent and halogen bulbs. This means you’ll save money on your electric bill, as well as maintenance costs from replacing light bulbs.
These lights are adjustable and can be adjusted to the height of your needs. These lights come in different colours as well, so you can customize them. For example, if you want a blue hue on one side of your garage, then it’s possible with these LED shop light bulbs.
What are some features to look for in an LED shop light?
- Colour Temperature: LED lights come in different colour temperatures, ranging from Warm White (3000K) to Cool White (6000k). The higher the number, the more blue content.
- Light Output: LEDs are rated by the number of lumens they produce, and a standard 60-watt incandescent light bulb produces about 800 lumens. The lumen output varies significantly among different LED lights. For instance, some may emit just 26, but others can emit up to 200 or even 300 lumens for each watt consumed.
- On/Off Switch: If you’re in a hurry, the on/off switch is where it all starts. Push the button to turn it off and push it again to turn it back on.
- CRI: pick 80 or above: LEDs produce the brightest light with the least amount of electricity. The visual colour is also naturally white, which can be adjusted to blue or yellow (amber) colours by using a filter sheet in front of the LEDs. This type of lighting has an average lifespan of about 50,000 hours and will last at least four times longer than CFLs.
- Daisy Chaining: Daisy chaining is usually done by connecting an end connector with the next fixture’s power input port for continuous power flow from one fixture to the next.
How do you install LED shop lights?
Installing LED shop lights is easy. After identifying the correct type, drill a hole in the ceiling and insert it into place. From there, you’ll connect any wiring to an outlet or power strip as necessary, and you’re ready to go! If you find that your ceiling is not high enough or need to install the light fixture in a different location, like on top of a ladder, for example, it’s best to use an extension arm.
These can be attached by drilling it into your wall and securing any necessary wiring before installing the light inside.
We hope that this article has been helpful for you in getting the information about the LED shop lights.