If you are an Amazon Prime subscriber, you must have tried to use twitch prime. Twitch Prime is offered to users for videogame streaming premium service. However, you might have known that Amazon have not absolute rights on Twitch Prime because it does not provide this service. If you want to know how to cancel twitch prime, then follow this article till the end.
In this article, I will guide you through various aspects of twitch prime, starting from what is twitch prime, what is a Twitch Prime subscription, how to subscribe, and how one can cancel this subscription at any time. So, stick to this article till the end.
What Is Twitch Prime?
If you are a twitch-prime member, it means you can get free games, in-game content, free channel subscription for every 30 days to Twitch Broadcaster according to your choice. It also offers you streaming videos from an assortment of broadcasters. Additionally, you get access to the chatrooms, where users like you can interact with each other.
Join Twitch Prime:
To join Twitch Prime, you require to be an Amazon Prime member, or else you ha to sign up directly through Twitch or Amazon. If you are an Amazon Prime member or have signed up for Twitch Prime, you have to pair your Amazon account with a Twitch prime account to open the way to get maximum twitch prime benefits.
Once you link both the accounts, you get access to all these accounts’ online features. Do not forget that twitch prime is a premium experience covering Amazon Prime Videos and Amazon Prime based on the country where you live. It offers you exclusive gaming content as in-game content, bonus games, twitch prime channel subscription, and you can use it only with an affiliate channel. You also have access to chat badges and chatrooms to interact with other users.
What Is Mean By Twitch Prime Membership?
If you are a twitch-prime member, it means you are using a subscription service that requires recurring payments that you make to individual channels while using twitch streaming services. This service’s core purpose is to support streamers financially, and they can stream more content frequently.
It also helps them in streaming full-time on Twitch if they like. Though the service is a paid service, twitch rewards its subscribers for supporting the streamers by recognizing and giving new emotes and digital goods whenever your status increases in the chatrooms of respective channels.
Know About Usage Of Twitch Prime Subscription:
To use a twitch-prime subscription, you have to follow these simple steps, and you can start using twitch-prime subscription immediately.
- Navigate to the SUBSCRIBE button on the affiliate or partner channel.
- You can either select SUBSCRIBE (UK) or FREE MEMBERSHIP (US) at no cost.
- Once you purchase the subscription, refresh your page. There will be one banner at the top of the chat of respective channels if your channels are not out of time or restricted. There, click on the SHARE button, and you have 30 days to share.
- After that, drop a custom message in the text box and press ENTER to share it.
- It sends a chat notification covered by your custom message.
- Whatever you purchase as a channel subscription, it will appear on your SUBSCRIPTION-PAGE.
Is Twitch Prime Membership Cancellable After Free Trial?
It is one of the most frequently asked questions. Lots of users want to know if they can cancel their subscription without losing their Amazon account. Of course, you can cancel your subscription after a free trial. Here I have given a few easy steps to cancel your subscription.
- Go to your Prime Membership Account.
- Hit on the END TRIAL and BENEFITS that you can see at the bottom left corner and select the END MY BENEFITS option.
- Then, Press CONTINUE to cancel, or you can select KEEP MY TWITCH MEMBERSHIP.
Know More Abound How To Cancel Twitch Prime Subscription:
If you think you have tried Twitch Prime subscription but did not like it, or if you think it was not for you, then you can cancel your Twitch Prime Membership and Subscription any time. In this section, I will guide you through the cancellation process of twitch prime so that you can cancel if you want to cancel your subscription.
Various ways can help you to cancel your Twitch Prime Membership, and I will discuss them one-by-one. You can use one of them to cancel your subscription. However, you can not forget to keep in your mind that your Twitch Prime account is linked with your Amazon Prime Subscription.
Therefore, if you wish to cancel this subscription plan, you will require to disconnect your Amazon Prime Account from your Twitch Prime Account. It is doable by SETTINGS of your Twitch Prime Account Page. You can use any of your favorite browsers through Mac and PC. Follow the below give a procedure to cancel your subscription.
Way 1 To Cancel Your Twitch Subscription:
- Once you logged in to your Twitch account, go to the Profile icon you see at the top of the upper-right corner.
- Navigate for SETTINGS in the menu section.
- There, you can see the CONNECTIONS tab.
- From this, you can see a gray button of DISCONNECT, next to the Amazon Section.
- It will give you a pop-up window to ask you if you wish to disconnect it. Click on YES, DISCONNECT.
This process is one of the most appropriate to cancel a twitch-prime subscription because you can cancel your Twitch Prime Membership without canceling an Amazon Prime Subscription. However, canceling Amazon Prime Subscription will automatically unlink from Amazon Account. It means it cancels both Amazon Prime Subscription and Twitch Prime at once.
Way 2 To Cancel Your Twitch Subscription:
One more simple way to successfully canceling your Twitch Prime Account without any issues is here. You can cancel your linked Amazon Prime Account through a few steps that I have plotted below.
- Log in to your Amazon account, and go to your account.
- Navigate for SETTINGS, and click on it.
- Look for the button of MANAGE PRIME MEMBERSHIP, and click on it.
- There, you can see the CANCEL MEMBERSHIP button. Click on it.
- You can also cancel your Twitch Prime without canceling your Amazon Prime if you cancel it from TWITCH PRIME SETTINGS, as we have discussed above.
Way 3 To Cancel Your Twitch Subscription:
- Open your favorite web browser, and land on to https://www.amazon.com from your computer, laptop, or Mac. It is the official Amazon website.
- Navigate for the ACCOUNT AND LISTS button that you can see at the top right corner of the page.
- There, you have to click on SIGN IN and enter your Email Address and Password that you have used to create your Amazon account, which you have associated with the Twitch Prime account.
- Again click on the button of ACCOUNT AND LISTS. It will display the drop-down menu having a list of services. As soon as you click on it, it will display the menu page for your Amazon Account.
- Go down by scrolling, and navigate for the button of TWITCH SETTINGS. You can see it inside the box of digital content and devices.
- At there, you can see a button of UNLINK ACCOUNT. This button had a purple color, and it has your profile picture and the name of your Twitch Username.
- It shows you the confirmation pop-up to confirm if you wish to unlink your account.
- You have to click on UNLINK THIS TWITCH ACCOUNT and press this confirmation button in purple color. It immediately unlinks you’re your Twitch Prime Account from your Amazon Account.
- Once you unlink, it removes all the Twitch Prime subscription benefits that you are receiving from your Amazon Prime Account. However, the subscriptions to all Twitch Prime Channels will continue till your subscription expires.
- After that, you can unlink your Twitch Account From Amazon Prime Account. It means you are eligible to press the button of CANCEL TWITCH PRIME FREE TRIAL.
You Can Cancel Your Twitch Prime Membership Without Doing Anything:
To cancel this free membership without doing anything, you have to wait for the end of the current 30 day membership period. After the end of your membership period, it expires your subscription and makes it free to use it on any Twitch channel, where you can see the subscription is enabled. This way, you can cancel your paid subscription without doing anything if you can wait for the end of your membership period.
By concluding the in-depth search and studies on how to cancel twitch prime, we can say that all the methods we have given to you through this informative article work 100%. All you need to do is to use one of them to cancel your Twitch Prime Membership. However, if you do not like to do this stuff, you can wait for the end of your subscription and membership period to leave it as it is without doing anything. It will not charge you a single dollar if you cancel it after the end of your membership period.