It’s a complete guide on how to make a public profile on Snapchat. Do you know when Snapchat launched its new feature, Public Profile? It’s not an old feature. Snapchat launched this new and exciting feature just a few months back. Of course, everyone can make their public profiles on Snapchat, but most users don’t know about it and don’t try to make their public profiles. That’s why we brought this guide tutorial on creating a public profile to provide proper information. However, the feature is launched according to the regions and areas.
As we discussed, Snapchat has launched this feature according to the different regions, and it is quite possible that your region has not yet accessed it. If so, you must wait until the Snapchat public profile feature becomes available in your region. When you see this feature on your app, the first step you need to take is to create a tier 1 public profile, but for that, you must have a current user profile.
Snapchat & New Features:
2020 was of course, not a good year for anyone due to the covid-19 pandemic, but it was also different and tough for Snapchat too in different manners. However, Snapchat kept grinding and tried hard to survive in the competitive market. For that, this social company came up with quite good and attractive additional features that worked well for this app and gave a new boom to the user base and their activities on Snapchat.
Why Do You Want To Use New Snapchat Features?
Snapchat’s new features are very engaging and entertaining. So, one is a public profile that’s becoming too popular, and most content creators are changing their profiles to public ones. That is why Snapchat is like any other social media app where you want to post your content and earn your name, and the most exciting part of Snapchat’s new feature Public Profile is that all users can create their public profiles. With this, you can do the following.
Create and post your content on Snapchat regularly, but your account must be at least a few months old.
You can plan a tier 2 public profile but need at least 5,000 subscribers. Another condition is to apply for a public profile through a Google form that you can see on the official website.
Learn How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat:
For a few months, Snapchat’s users have been very happy to see a new feature, Public Profile, available for everyone, but every Snapchat user doesn’t know about it. Now, check your profile for the option of Public Profile. If the feature is not available in your profile, it means the public profile feature is not yet available in your region. If it is the case, you need to wait for some time. When the feature is available in your region, the first thing is a tier 1 public profile that you need to create. Here are the steps to create a tier 1 public profile.
How To Make Tier 1 Public Profile On Snapchat?
It would help if you had your current Snapchat profile a few months back. If you have, the following steps will be enough.
- Go to your Snapchat app, and tap on the Profile section. You can see your profile section in the screen’s top left-hand corner.
- There you can see the Gear icon, which is, of course, a Settings icon. Navigate to it in the right-hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll Down to find the menu options Who Can.
- This menu must make the following changes to make your tier 1 public profile.
Contact Me (Everyone)
Send Me Notifications (Everyone)
View My Story Everyone)
See My Location (My Friends)
Use My Cameos Selfie (Everyone)
See me in Quick Add (Turned on)
- Now, close your Snapchat mobile app once you have made these changes.
- Open your Snapchat mobile app again. Congratulations! Your tier 1 public profile has been created. It lets unknown users see you and contact you on the Snapchat platform.
Steps to follow while Making A Public Profile On Snapchat?
Once you have successfully created your tier 1 public profile, it’s time to learn how to make a public profile on Snapchat and apply the same to enjoy the feature and benefits of a public profile. The following steps are enough to shift to a public profile.
- Open your Snapchat mobile app (close it completely after making a tier 1 public profile on Snapchat).
- Once on the screen, you can see the new feature option “Add To Snap Map.” You can find this option under the “Add To My Story” option.
- Go to this option, and tap on the three dots you can see. After tapping on Create Public Profile will bring you to the next screen.
- Here, read a brief about Snapchat’s Public Profile and tap on Continue. It will let you proceed further in the creation of the public profile.
- There you can see the option Get Started. Tap on it, and see the message on your screen.
- After that, you can see the option Create button. It asks you to confirm creating a public profile.
- Once you do this, the Snapchat app will send you back to the Settings option. It will give you a new name, “My Public Profile.” Tap on it to start setting your tier 1 public profile. Congratulations! You have successfully learned how to make a public profile on Snapchat, and your Snapchat public profile is ready!
A Few Points To Mention Here:
- Snapchat has allowed any Snapchat user to make their public profiles, but some restrictions may prohibit users from accessing this feature. So, everyone can use it, but not everyone can access it.
- Once your Snapchat public profile is ready, your door to significant exposure, new opportunities, and reach to many users opens.
- There is a big difference between a Snapchat public profile and other users. Your public profile can post additional or detailed information on your about section.
- You can add a detailed bio and description of what you are and what you are doing on Snapchat.
- This option is becoming popular and no longer a new feature, but it’s changing how it functions year by year. In the past, Snapchat’s public profile feature was only accessible to celebrities, public figures, and popular creators, but in 2020, Snapchat made it officially available for everyone with mild moderation.
- Do you know that Snapchat still kept the Dedicated Creator Account option? Of course, comparing this option with a simple public profile has made it quite difficult and strict eligibility.
- So, making a public profile is very simple and takes only a few minutes.
Why Aren’t All Snapchat Accounts Allowed To Public Profile?
It may be confusing and irritating to you when we say two things. 1) everyone can create a public Snapchat profile. 2) Snapchat has kept some restrictions that don’t let anyone use or even access the feature, Public Profile.
Isn’t that confusing to you? Honestly, we know that Snapchat lets anyone use this feature and make their public profiles on Snapchat, and that’s what thousands of users do every day.
But that still doesn’t guarantee that you can create your public profile on Snapchat, and the reasons are as under.
Your Snapchat user account may not currently be eligible to change to a public profile which includes two common reasons. The first is the age of your Snapchat account. Snapchat has made some restrictions on its users’ trust and professionalism. So, it lets accounts change to public profiles when they’re a few months old. It also includes how you have a relationship with other Snapchat users. Sometimes it only needs to be 24 hours old.
The second reason all accounts can’t be public profiles is they must have a bidirectional friend. It means you must be friends with the accounts that are friends to you.
Snapchat has kept some ground rules to restrict all users from getting a public profile feature on their accounts. You may have understood why everyone on Snapchat can access the public profile feature.
Did you understand how to make a public profile on Snapchat? In this guide tutorial on creating your public profile, we have discussed a few conditions that let you access the option to a public profile. We also discussed making a tier 1 public profile, changing it to the public profile, and why everyone can’t access the public profile feature on their current Snapchat accounts. Do you want to know anything else about Snapchat, its new features, how to use them, or anything? Let us know.