Robots can do almost everything that a human can do and also the things, which a human cannot do. They are designed to get the job is done more easily and quickly. But what “exactly” a robot can do? Can they climb mountains? Can they work together? Can they take a hit and then recover? Can they dance? And the answer to all these questions is a big yes. This is because, the Spot Robot, can do all the things, which you can do without any issues.
What is a Spot Robot?
The spot is a nimble four-legged and compact robot, which can freely trot around your home, office, and outdoors. The Spot Robot has the power to map the environment that allows them to avoid and sense any type of danger, open doors, and climb stairs. This particular robot can also bring you a drink and it is designed and created by the Boston Dynamics. The robot is currently dubbed as a living legend and stands out as a mechanical meme that is joked and laughed about on the internet.
Spot Robot: The features
The experts from the Boston Dynamics not only created this particular Spot Robot but have added many special features, which the majority of the robots do not have. Some of the important and popular features are mentioned below.
- It carries advanced technology: The Spot Robot can go to places where a normal wheel robot cannot. It also has the power to carry payloads and has plenty of endurance when compared with aerial drones. The Spot also has a 360-degree vision and can be either taught routes or driven remotely to perform all types of autonomous missions.
- It offers the developers platform: Boston Dynamics have designed this particular robot to be pretty much useful for the developers to design payloads that will increase its capabilities. It will also allow the developers to create custom-methods to control Spot, program all the autonomous missions, and merge the sensor information into the tools of data analysis. The software development kit, mounting rails, and payload ports are some of the things that will allow you to customize the Spot Robot for your applications.
- It can be used as a versatile application: Once you integrate the robot with sensors and software, you can use it for performing tasks. No matter what type of environment, or industry you work in, Spot can be trusted to get all your job done.
Benefits of using the spot robots
You will come across numerous types of benefits when you think of using the Spot robot and some of the important benefits are mentioned below. Check it out!
- The robot is said to be incredibly durable and it’s created to last longer. The Spot Robot can be used in hard environments and it can also withstand the wet and dusty conditions due to its IP54 protection. The robot also can work under temperatures that range from -20 Degree Celsius to 45 Degree Celsius.
- The robot also has the power to traverse different types of terrains and they can hit a speed of 3.6mph. It will also run for 90-minutes through a single charge and replaceable batteries can be swapped in an instant.
- The Spot robot is said to be much more aware than you think and takes the help of stereo cameras that enables them to move through the dynamic environments. It also prevents them to get hit or crashed while they explore an area.
- The biggest benefit of this robot is that you can purchase it any time and it currently stands out as the best commercial product in the market. Even though the price of this particular robot is pretty high, but it is worth it.
Types of industries the spotting robot can use
The professionals from the Boston Dynamics have created the Spot to be used for all types of industries. Apart from being used in public safety and entertainment, this particular robot is numerous other types of industries, which are mentioned below.
- Construction: The robot will inspect all the progress at a particular construction site. You will also get the chance to compare the as-built conditions with BIM or Building Information Model and create digital twins as well.
- Gas and Oil: You can drive the robot or build autonomous routes to inspect all the facilities and enhance the awareness of all the plant operations.
- Mining: The robot can be used for routine tunnel inspections and ensure proper working conditions. You can also attach some payloads to take some measurements.
- Healthcare: The spot can be used for delivering medicine and food, and also disinfect rooms or areas from a particular distance. Apart from that, the robot can be used to assess patients.
- Electrical Utility: The robot can be used for inspecting all the radiation and electrified areas. All you need to do is simply set it for routine inspection and it will drive or use the autonomous routes to visit places where people cannot go.
- Research: The spot will work alongside industry professionals to create and build applications. All you need to do is integrate the robot with proper sensors and software.
Some of the things you need to keep in mind about Spot
The robot can adjust and balance to all the physical disturbance it experiences and stands at a height of 84cm and weighs 25kg. Even though the robot is popular in the market, and when you are thinking of purchasing make sure you do plenty of research on it. This is because you need to be sure you are buying the right product for yourself or for the industry you work in. It will be a good thing to purchase it from a well-known and trusted website be sure to read and learn about all the functions and features.
If you find it difficult to complete some tasks all by yourself or it is not possible by your team of experts, then assigning the job to Spot will be the right thing to do. This is because for this particular robot nothing is impossible and it can get the job done without any issues. For more information, stay updated with Boston Dynamics through their official website and YouTube channel.