The popular role-playing video game Dragon Age Inquisition was published in November 2014 by Bioware. It’s available on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One, among other platforms. Even though this game plays smoothly, there have been instances of gamers unable to launch it on Windows 10. We’ll look at the dragon age inquisition won’t launch origin issue in the newest edition of our troubleshooting series.
‘Dragon Age’ is one of the most exciting and action-packed games ever created. This game received recognition from a number of publications in 2014. Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II are both continued in this game. The gamers are enraged because their computer’s Windows 10 displays a Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch origin problem. Don’t panic if you’re using Windows 10 and getting the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch Error. Simply follow our Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch Error solutions, and you’ll be able to enjoy your game!
To begin, Dragon Age Inquisition is a BioWare-developed role-playing game. It gained popularity as a cross-platform videogame with engaging gameplay after its release in 2014. You will learn how the Error occurs and what you can do to eliminate it in this post.
Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch Origin, will not be released; Possible Causes
Here are the steps for dragon age inquisition won’t launch origin
Optimisations for the entire screen
Microsoft made several changes to allow games to run without boundaries. This blessing can sometimes turn into a curse. Those optimizations, in other words, obstruct the game’s operation.
Version Conflict between DirectX and VCRedist
When you run the game, install both DirectX and VCRedist (Visual C++ Redistribution) on your computer. The versions of both of them are likely to clash with the game. You won’t be able to launch it if this happens.
Problems with Compatibility
When trying to launch a program released before the OS version, Windows 10 users frequently experience incompatibility. There is a compatibility mode, which is fortunate for you.
You’re probably aware that certain programs require administrator access to function properly. If you haven’t given them the same permission, double-clicking the icon will accomplish nothing. We may also blame the issue of Dragon Age Inquisition not launching on Windows 10 on this.
Processes and Services in the Background
Almost all operating systems, including Android and Windows 10, run services in the Background. Have you considered the likelihood of one of those processes preventing Dragon Age Inquisition from running? Yes, it is possible.
- Missing or Corrupted Files
Let me inform you that this is the most prevalent reason for games not launching. Reinstalling the game is the greatest thing you can do if a.dll file is missing or damaged. No one is going to provide you with the particular file you’re looking for. Even if you manage to obtain it, we should warn you that pasting it to the game’s location is more of a risk than a guarantee.
How to Get Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch origin to Run on Windows 10
1: Compatibility Troubleshooting
When there is a conflict between the video game Dragon Age: Inquisition and the Windows services, the game might not be able to start normally as a result of this. To prevent this, do the following steps:
- To begin, navigate to the installation folder. Select the game’s execution files after right-clicking on the Dragon Age: Inquisition game option.
- A drop-down menu will appear, from which we must choose the characteristics.
- Select the Run Compatibility Troubleshoot option from the Compatibility Tab. This will allow Windows to choose the most appropriate Operating System for the start of Dragon Age: Inquisition.
- Next, select the Try Recommended Settings option from the drop-down box. Select the Test option from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, pick the Implement or Select option to edit or apply the specified modifications and exit the corresponding window.
2: Start a new boot.
When the user’s device still has background programs running. The user may then experience an error during the launch of the Dragon Age: Inquisition video game. The limits imposed by the Windows service are one of the key reasons why this video is unable to perform normally.
The most simple Dragon Age Inquisition answer A clean boot will fix the won’t launch Error. This may help to solve the Dragon Age: Inquisition launch issue. To clean boot the device, the user must follow the instructions indicated below. Follow the steps below to get started with the process:
- First, log in to the computer or other work-related device.
- Check the administrative rights once you’ve signed in. Before we go on to the next stage, they should all be proper and undamaged.
- Next, we should navigate to the Search bar and put “MSConfig” into it. After that, press the Enter key.
- When you click the “Disable All” button after clicking Services and then the “Hide all Microsoft Services” box, any third-party program will be disabled.
- Going to the taskbar and select the “Task Manager” option. After that, clicking on the StartTab will ensure that all third-party applications are deactivated, allowing the Dragon Age: Inquisition video game to run.
Finally, restart the device to check that the Dragon Age Inquisition Not Launching problem has been addressed. If yes, continue with the video game; if not, move on to the other ways listed below.
3: Verify Game Files
As we’ve been informed, every piece of precise information must be intact, and all files must be in the right order before a game can be released. The video game’s launch will be hampered if one or more files are missing or if the originality of the data associated with the games is compromised.
The same could be said about Dragon Age Inquisition. When files relevant to Dragon Age: Inquisition are missing, the operating system prevents the game from being launched, and the user receives an error message.
To resolve this issue, we must follow the procedures outlined below while also remaining patient in our search for a solution to the video game launching error.
- To begin the procedure, we must first log into our account. As a result, the user must navigate to the Origin Client. Then log in to the appropriate account.
- On the left side of the panel, there will be a My Game Library option once you’ve logged in.
- Right-clicking on Dragon Age: Inquisition brings up a drop-down menu.
- All we have to do now is select Repair from the drop-down menu. This ensures that the Origin Client validates all existing files connected to the Dragon Age: Inquisition video game and that any missing or damaged files are instantly downloaded when the verification is completed.
- If any files were corrupted, the Origin Client would ensure that they were replaced.
Step 6: After you’ve completed the previous steps, try relaunching the game. If the task is completed successfully, the user will be allowed to continue playing the game without interruption. Even if the mistake continues after completing the chores, don’t give up; there are many additional options to consider.
4: Reinstall Direct X and VC Redist
Game launchers may be found in both Direct X and VC Redist. As a result, issues with one or both of them might be the reason for the delay in releasing the Dragon Age: Inquisition video game.
In such instances, we recommend that the user reinstall both Direct X and VC Redist. The steps for reinstalling Direct X and VC Redist are listed separately below. Follow their instructions to keep the Dragon Age: Inquisition running well. Let’s start with the re-launch of VC Redist.
- To begin, the user must browse to the device’s C Drive.
- Next, go to Program Files (x86), then Origin Games, and we’ll have a dropbox.
- Next, pick Dragon Age: Inquisition, then Installer, and finally VC. The user should ensure that all of the executable files in the folder are executed. The files in the folder will have the VCRedist.exe extension. This will ensure that the new ones overwrite all previous versions of existing files.
- Next, tell us about the Direct X reinstallation procedure.
5: Give Administrative Privileges
For a game to work properly, it needs specific administrative privileges. If one or more of the rights are not applied, the game’s start may result in an error. When a user of Windows 10 receives an error message when attempting to run the video game Dragon Age: Inquisition. The lack of sufficient administrative rights for the video game might be one of the expected sources of this issue. So, in order to resolve the issue and find a solution to the Error shown, we must complete the following steps:
- We need to locate the executable files in the game installation folder.
- Right-click on them to select them.
- A drop-down menu will appear, directing us to the Compatibility Tab, where we may choose the Properties. Once inside, we’ll see a button labelled “Run as Administrator.”
- Choose an option and play the game.
Any concerns with administrative rights will be resolved as a result of this.
6: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
In Windows, full-screen mode is required for normal operation of installed or upcoming games. However, there are times when this function causes the game to be launched to be interrupted. The scenario with Dragon Age: Inquisition, when the Windows functionality is used, is similar. It permits full-screen optimization, which may interfere with the video game’s usual start. To address the problem, follow the steps outlined below.
- We’ll start by looking for our game in the Game Installation Folder.
- As soon as we enter the folder, we can quickly find the Dragon Age: Inquisition execution files, which all have the extension DragonAgeInquisition.exe.
- Select them with a right-click.
- The compatibility tab will open once you pick the properties option from the drop-down menu. There is an option to deactivate full-screen optimization, and we must make sure that it is chosen.
- Press the Make button, then OK to apply the adjustments we’ve made.
This will ensure that the full-screen optimization option in the Windows service is off, which will aid in the resolution of the issue. If the issue remains, be patient and go on to the next technique.
7: Disable Antivirus
Antivirus software put on our gadgets, without a doubt, protects us against viruses. It is possible to install it by accident with any random files, particularly from unknown online sources. These antivirus products, on the other hand, are third-party apps. There’s a risk that when you run a game or simply a file, you’ll get a false alarm. It will make it impossible to open files or play games.
Similarly, there is a probability that when the Dragon Age: Inquisition video game is released. The antivirus software installed on the device will limit the system’s or gadget’s ability to function normally. It also aids in the launch’s prevention.
- We recommend that the user disables their antivirus application for the sake of the game’s security.
- After then, carry on with the launch.
All of the strategies listed above can be used to solve the problem. The Crash on Startup in Dragon Age Inquisition will be resolved.
Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch
I recently installed DAI and am unable to run it properly. It attempts, then returns to the desktop after going to a black splash screen with the in-game mouse symbol. It’s not operating in the Background, according to task manager/active processes.
Official public release of DragonAge Inquisition with Windows 10
When Windows 10 was officially available to the general public, I upgraded my computer. All of my drivers have been updated as well. DragonAge Inquisition, unfortunately, does not function. It won’t even begin. When I try to open it, it crashes with a Directx/Mantle issue. I’ve done everything, including reinstalling the game, performing a system reset, and reinstalling everything; I did the same with the drivers. However, I continue to receive the same problem.
If there’s a will, there’s also a means. We understand your frustration if you are unable to enjoy the full potential of Dragon Age Inquisition due to the Error dragon age inquisition won’t launch origin. It will be the same once we apply these signature methods from our end to resolve the launch issue, just like playing this game is an easy chore for you. Your problems necessitate our assistance. Prepare to show off your IT skills to your buddies. We welcome your questions and innovative suggestions.