As currently, virtually everyone has an account on Facebook; they all know almost every setting and every hidden feature of Facebook. When you upload or post anything on your Facebook, you might have noticed or maybe even modified the privacy settings, located just under our name on the posts. That shows us whether the posts are private or public. If it shows an earth logo, then it is a public post; if not, then it is a public post. Here, we will help you download private Facebook videos uploaded by other people.
Way to download private Facebook videos
Today during this era of internet and social networking, Facebook left every other social networking application and site behind. But in that case, downloading private videos from Facebook is completely a different side. Most social media users are not intended to stop their sharing process only inside the Facebook platform. They want to share their favorite content with as many friends as possible. But one cannot share Facebook private videos directly from the application, and it’s not possible to copy the video link and paste them to share them. So there is only one solution left. Download them.
Yes, there is no option in the Facebook application to download private facebook videos and save them in your device. But there are a bunch of websites by which you can easily download them. Here you will be introduced to some of the amazing websites. With them, you can easily download private videos from Facebook.
FBDown is available on the web at FBDown.net. Here you will find two different tools, one is to download public videos, and the other is to download private facebook videos. To download private videos from Facebook, you need to follow a few steps:
- Write fbdown.net/privatedownloader.php in the search bar of any web browser and navigate it.
- As soon as the website opens, you will be asked to log in to your Facebook account.
- After logging in, find out the page where you want to download a video.
- Press Ctrl+U if you are a windows user and press Command+option+U if you are using Mac, to copy the source code of the web page.
- Copy the source code and paste it into the box of FBDown ( You may see, ‘Enter Private Facebook Video link … ‘ written in the box)
- Click on the download option.
NOTE: If the video URL isn’t authentic, it means if you copied it from any other place, it would not work.
VIDEO Downloader Plus
If you are among them who don’t think that websites are not that trustworthy, Video Downloader Plus is for them. It is a chrome web app, FBDown made it make your social life easier. What you need to do is just install it in your browser and download private facebook videos quickly. You can also download videos here from most of the other social media applications. The video downloading process is the same here, like FBDown. You just need to find the source code of the video, paste here and click Download.
It is another private video downloader to download private facebook videos. It also works with the same principles. Here you can also download public videos. You will see an option ‘Public Video’ given just below the box here. If you click on the option, you will be automatically redirected to the new page.
This site is not different from the above sites and works in exactly the same way. It also can download videos or other content from Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and more. With the other features, it also has a tool which offers you some basic video conversations (like converting video to an mp3, etc.)
Getfbstuff.com is a popular media downloader. This website is easy to operate, and there is no need for additional plugins or add-ons.
- Don’t open your Facebook app, open Facebook through Facebook.com
- Copy the URL of your desired video
- Paste the link on getfbstuff.com and click on the download button
See, as simple as that.
These websites work just as same as the above websites. The only difference is their interfaces.
How to download private videos from Facebook in HD quality
Though there are a lot of websites, from where you can download Facebook videos, most of the websites cannot provide you HD quality videos. But there is away.
- Open the Facebook video you want to download and copy the URL
- Open a new tab and then open developer tools
- In the developer tools, press the Network tab. Then you will see an option, media.
- Select media and play the video
- As soon as the media link appears, copy a video link. In case you can’t find any video link, reload the page and again play the video.
- Open a new tab and paste the URL, you just copied.
- Before the URL can load, remove the ‘byte start’ and ‘byteend’ parameters.
- Right-click on the video and click on ‘Save video as’ from the appeared menu
NOTE: If you are unable to find the media URLs under the media tab, you can search them in ALL tabs. If you download videos in this method, you may not be able to listen to the video’s sound. You need to download the audio separately with the same method and combine it with the video.
- Find the Facebook video you want to download and copy the URL
- Paste the URL on a new tab of your web browser
- Then right-click on anywhere of the free space on the page and open the video source code
- Press Ctrl+F until a search box appears on the screen. Type ‘HD-src:’ on the box
- Now copy the content between quotes, which is followed by HD-src:
- Open a new tab in the browser and paste the recently copied link
- Play the video. While playing it, right-click on the video and choose ‘save video as’ and save it in your device
How to download videos with Firefox addon?
If you want an easier way to download Facebook private videos in HD, Firefox addon is the solution for you.
- Open the Facebook page and copy the video URL
- Open it in a new tab
- You will see the video downloader professional add-on icon in the Facebook video page. Click on it and then choose a download option as per your choice.
How to download Facebook videos from Command Prompt?
There is open-source software, YouTube-DL, which will help you if Firefox addon is not your thing.
- Download YouTube-DL and keep it in your user folder
- To open the Command Prompt window, press Windows and type CMD.
- Now time “YouTube-DL.exe [Facebook video URL]_username [Facebook account]_password[Facebook account password]” and press enter
- A few seconds, you will see that the downloading has been started.
How to download Facebook private videos with Allavsoft?
Allavsoft is GUI software. As you saw in YouTube-DL, you need to enter your login info each time you want to download a video; here, you don’t need to do that. And the best part about Allavsoft is that you can download any videos from Facebook to YouTube here and also can download audios from Spotify or other apps.
- Copy the video link and paste it to Allavsoft.
- As it is your first time in Allavsoft, you will be asked to input your username and password. You will have options to save your video in different formats (such as MP4, AVI, and MOV)
- Now just click on the download button and you are good to go.
How to save private videos on pc without any browser or software?
Though it’s true that the above processes can let you download videos on mobile as well as in pc. But what if it can be done without any website, any software or any web browser! Just a little can make it possible. Now you don’t have to worry about any unwanted source attacking your device.
- To make this process done, you have to play the video you want to download at first.
- Right-click on the video and choose ‘show video URL’ option
- Write ‘m’ in the place of ‘www.’
- Now hit enter and it will open the mobile version of the video
- Right-click on the video. A list will appear, select ‘save video as’ from the list
Now you can watch it whenever you want. And you can also transfer it to your mobile and share it on other social media applications.
Downloading Facebook Private Videos on iPhone
Despite all the restrictions an uploader puts to prevent their content who wants to download it and reuse it, we learned a number of ways to download them. But we all know there are a few differences between Android and iPhone. Because of that, some of the above methods may not work on the iPhone. So here is the solution:
Method 1: Online Facebook Downloader
There are lots of websites which help am iPhone user to download private videos. But all of them may not be safe for your device. So why think about websites when we have a better solution? There is a web browser called DManager that supports file downloads.
- Download the application from the app store. Try to avoid using links to download it
- Open the Facebook page and find out the video you want to download. Tap on the share button and press Copy link
- Open the DManager application and type bitdsownloader.com in the search bar
- When the page completes its loading, paste the copied link in the search box, and click on the download button.
- When the downloading process starts, a table will be shown to you with video resolutions and their download links.
- Open the downloads tab if you want to keep an eye on the download process
- When it is over, swipe it to the right and choose Action>Open in
- Here you will find the Save video option, press it and the video will be saved to your iPhone’s camera roll
Method 2: Facebook++
Facebook++ is an unofficial app that brings new facilities and features to Facebook, including video downloading ability.
- Download the Facebook++ IPA. If you are using MAC, Widows or Linux, download Cydia Impactor
- Open Cydia Impactor once you connected your iPhone with your computer
- Drag the Facebook++ file onto Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple ID and Password
- Cydia Impactor will lead your iPhone to download Facebook++.
- When Facebook++ is installed, go to settings>general>profiles before opening it
- Open the application, and you will now see a save button that will download the videos and save it in your camera roll
Method 3: Downloader software
There is some software to help you download videos from social media websites. But not all will support every device. Means, some software may support Android but not iPhone. Similarly, there is software for windows, but they will not work in MAC or Linux. So the point is that you should download software that will support both Android and iPhone and both Windows and MAC. One of these types of Video Downloader Software is 4KDownloads. With it, you can easily download videos from any social media websites and save it on your Android or iPhone.
How to find the URL of a Facebook video, if you can’t find it in the link tab?
- Visit the official page from where you want to download a video
- You will see a video tab on the left side of the page
- Click it and find out the video
- Once you are successful in finding the video, you will see the date/time stamp in the post, right under the name of the uploader.
- If you right-click on the date/time stamp, an option list will appear.
- Copy the video link address by clicking on the “copy link address” option in the list.
At the end
As you can see, there are a lot of ways to download Facebook private videos. If one method is not suitable for you, there is always another option. Use any of the downloads and share your favorite videos.
But you need to remember that you are interrupting someone’s privacy. Because no matter how entertaining a video is for you, someone made it private on purpose.