Have you been prescribed an Atrovent Nasal Spray? This medicine addresses allergic reactions and runny noses due to seasonal changes. If you have any symptoms of seasonal allergies or a runny nose, you can use this spray. However, before using this Nasal Spray, you should know the possible side effects, precautions, and proper way to use it to avoid having side effects. Therefore, you will understand how to correctly use this spray and reduce the possibilities of side effects. You will have no queries regarding this Nasal Spray by going through this article.
What Is Atrovent Nasal Spray?
Doctors prescribe this medicine to treat the typical symptoms that patients experience due to seasonal allergic reactions and runny noses. So, you can treat the symptoms of the common cold. Doctors can also prescribe this spray even if you use some other medications.
Do you know that this spray falls in the category of allergy and intranasal drugs? Researchers have found that this spray is safe to use and effective for children below five years or not. So, some patients may experience its side effects.
How To Use Atrovent Nasal Spray?
If you have been experiencing the common cold and seasonal allergies, you can use a nasal spray to treat your condition. The nasal spray reduces the amount of fluid or mucus released inside the nose. However, you can not expect that it will relieve the symptoms of a stuffy nose or sneezing.
The following points are a must to use this spray properly.
- Read the patient information on the package or ask the pharmacist about it.
- Learn the correct way to use this spray.
- If you have any queries, you must ask the pharmacist or your doctor before using it.
- Follow the instructions carefully, especially if you want to use them first. Moreover, if you have not used it for more than 24 hours, read about it again.
- Do not spray it in nearby face areas. You must ensure that it is away from your eyes.
- You have to clean your nose and gently blow it before spraying the medicine. You must spray it inside your nose as per the doctor’s direction. You can use this spray at least 3 to 4 times a day for both nostrils.
- You can not forget that the dose depends on your medical conditions. So, use it according to that only.
What Cares Should You Take?
Do not let this medicine get into your eyes. Or else, you will experience eye pain, eye irritation, temporary blurred vision, or other vision changes. What to do if this spray gets into your eyes? You should immediately wash your eyes with fresh water and flush them with water for a few minutes. If the symptoms are worst, you must ask your doctor without wasting your time.
If you are prescribed this medicine to use regularly, do not change the dose. You have to use it regularly to take the maximum benefits from it. Moreover, if you use it at evenly spaced time intervals, you will see more benefits. You can not increase the dose, even if you think this spray does not work on you. You have to ask your doctor.
What If The Spray Clogs?
It rarely happens. But if you think this spray has clogged, you can hold the nasal tip under warm running water. Keep it like that for a minute, and it won’t need you to worry. Moreover, you must dry your nasal tip and use the spray again. You can not use any sharp objects to clean your nose and remove the clogged spray.
Once you use it and feel better the next day, you can continue using this at regular times. But if you think you have been experiencing some side effects of this spray, you must seek the doctor, or else the situation may worsen.
What Is The Proper Dose?
Atrovent Nasal Spray gives a better feeling of the free nose if you use it correctly. You can effectively take benefits against the common cold using this spray. The following bulletins are a must to consider for the perfect dose.
- Doctors recommend the dose of two sprays per nostril.
- You have to do it three to four times a day.
- You can use it for adults and children over 12 years.
- Do not vary the doses prescribed by the doctor.
- If your child is five to eleven years old, you can use these two sprays three times a day.
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Atrovent Nasal Spray?
Do you have a running nose or the symptoms of seasonal allergies? If yes, you can use this spray for you or your children. However, you can not forget that any medicine used to treat symptoms has side effects. It is not mandatory to experience the side effects of this nasal spray, but you may experience the following side effects.
- Blurred vision
- Tunnel vision
- Seeing halos around the lights
- Dry nose
- Sore throat
- Unusual taste in the mouth
- The unpleasant taste of the mouth
- Eye pay
- Dry mouth
- Dry throat
- Minor nosebleeds
- Severe dry nose
- Painful urination
- Difficulties in urination
If these symptoms appear, you must take help from medical experts. Otherwise, you may compromise your overall health due to these adverse effects. So, if you don’t want to worsen your health, you must tell your doctors what you feel. Moreover, we have not listed all the possible side effects of nasal spray. You may experience something else than we have listed above. Therefore, the best thing is to consult a physician after experiencing the adverse effects of nasal spray.
What Precautions Should You Take?
If you are using the spray for the first time, you must take precautions. If you seem to be careless, you may face adverse effects of this spray. So, the following precautions are must to take.
- Do you have any allergies or specific skin issues? Tell the doctor or pharmacist before using the medicine.
- The spraying medicine may have some harmful ingredients. And hence if your body doesn’t accept it, you may have to face the side effects.
- Some sprays may cause allergic reactions to the body. So, talking to the pharmacist is a must.
- If you have any previous medical history, you should tell the doctor or pharmacist. When people have any family medical history, they should not use any medicine without seeking the expert’s advice.
- This spray can make you dizzy. Or you may have blurred vision. Many people have other vision changes, and if you continue taking alcohol or marijuana with this medicine, you may become dizzier. If you have been experiencing some dizziness after using these drugs, you should avoid driving. You have to treat your dizziness before driving a vehicle.
- If you have any upcoming surgical treatment, you must talk to the surgeon that will perform your surgery. Tell them what products and medicines you use to avoid any unwanted results.
Some More precautions:
- Older people are more prone to the side effects of this drug. They may experience urination problems and constipation. So, take proper care if you have aged or have older people in your home.
- Pregnant women have to be more careful while using this medicine. They must use it only if it is highly recommended or needed.
- There is no clear evidence that this medicine can pass through the milk while breastfeeding or not. So, pregnant women and Breastfeeding moms have to ask their doctors.
What Are Possible Solutions When Experienced Side Effects?
If you think you have experienced the side effects of Atrovent Nasal Spray, you need to take action immediately.
- Do you feel a bloody or dry nose?
- Have you lost the taste in your mouth?
- Do you find constipation and headache issues?
- Is your mouth, throat, or nose dry?
- Do you have throat or nose irritation?
Like these, if you have anything not good for your health, you need to consult a medical expert. This medicine is used to treat your health problems, and it may cause some side effects. So, telling the doctor is a must.
You need to get Emergency Medical Help if your symptoms do not go away and worsen the conditions as time passes. However, to date, we don’t have clear evidence that proves these symptoms have the worst effects, and there are no cases that have severe Allergic Reactions to this spray. So, it is safe to use for most people.
Do you think you need to use Atrovent Nasal Spray to treat your seasonal poor health symptoms and runny nose? If you believe the use of this spray is a must and you don’t experience the worst effects, you can continue using it. However, if you are old-aged or a pregnant woman, you must take proper care (before using this spray). If you have used this spray, share your reviews.