Research conducted by HubSpot marketing revealed that the third topmost marketing challenge for businesses is the lack of resources.
It is no secret that when you own a small business that has limited resources, every dollar counts. This is especially applicable for your company’s marketing budget. This means that you are required to identify which marketing efforts will result in the largest amount of leads even when you invest a few dollars.
However, it is significant to note that not every marketing tactic works for every business. For this reason, your business needs to identify which marketing activities are most sustainable, and result in the greatest marketing return on investment (ROI).
Are you too struggling because of a limited budget? Don’t worry, we have got you covered! We have curated a list of expert tactics that can help your business make the most out of its small budget.
Tip 1 Create and Post Relevant Content
A survey conducted by the CMI discovered that around 58 percent of marketing professionals of the world spent more money on content creation in 2018. Likewise, the State of the Inbound report identified that almost 53 percent of marketing experts considered the creation of content as one of their topmost priorities.
These past studies prove that creating and posting relevant and informative content plays a critical role in educating your target audience about your business, product offerings, and their benefits. Apart from this, content helps establish brand awareness, and lasting relationships with your prospects.
All said and done, many businesses still find it difficult to implement a successful content marketing strategy. A study carried out by Zazzle Media identified some of the greatest content marketing challenges that businesses face.
Is your business facing similar content marketing challenges? Here are a few expert content marketing tips that can help you in reaching out to your target audience, and marketing your business effectively.
- Provide content according to the stage of the buyer’s journey. For instance, if your audience is at the awareness stage, provide them with whitepapers and eBooks for educating them.
- The content that you post on the website and social media should be up-to-date and relevant.
- Experiment with different types of content items, such as infographics, webinars, and customer testimonial videos.
- Make use of data analytics while preparing your content marketing plan.
Tip 2 Leverage Social Media Marketing
Digital Information World discovered that people spend around 142 minutes on social media in a day. With an infinite amount of people using social media daily, integrating it into your marketing plan can make your business successful. Besides this, many experts believe that social media is quite a cost-effective method of reaching out to your target audience, and conveying your brand messages.
Likewise, another survey conducted by LinkedIn revealed that around 81 percent of small and medium-sized businesses leverage some kind of social media platforms for creating brand awareness, and establishing an online presence.
All in all, social media marketing tactics keep on evolving due to the feature additions, and constant technological updates, thus making it difficult to achieve the desired social media marketing ROI.
So, here are a few powerful, expert social media marketing tactics that can help you make the most out of your budget:
- A survey carried out by Scoop It identified that around 80 percent of content marketing assets are gated in the B2B industry. So, by posting gated content on social media, such as whitepapers, you can attract quality leads, and build valuable relationships with them in the long run.
- Outgrow indicated in one of its studies that social media contests have a conversion rate of 34 percent. Therefore if you’re looking to amplify reach, and strengthen your online presence, you should host an engaging social media contest right away.
- Lastly, you should always add social share buttons on your website because they allow your visitors to share content on their social networking sites free of cost, thus enhancing visibility. This, in turn, improves the word-of-mouth and brand identity of your business.
Still not sure which social media marketing tips can do wonders for your business? Here is an ultimate social media marketing guide for your reference.
Tip 3 Partner with Industry-Relevant Influencers
It is no surprise that establishing brand identity from scratch, and marketing your products and services require a lot of money, thus you should try and partner with influencers for generating positive word-of-mouth.
A study carried out by the Tomoson exhibited that around 22 percent of marketing professionals believe influencer marketing to be one of the most cost-effective and promising ways of obtaining new customers, and retaining existing ones.
This is because getting relevant influencers on board allows you to build brand credibility among your intended audience, and strengthen your brand image. So, if you are looking to market your business effectively, and achieve skyrocketing sales, then you should collaborate with industry-relevant influencers that are loved by your audience.
Tip 4 Unlock the Power of SEO
The ever increasing popularity of digital marketing techniques has proved that SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a promising and an evergreen marketing technique. This is because SEO helpsyour business in standing out from the competition. For example, if there are multiple websites that are offering the same products, how will you make your target audience visit your website first? The answer is quite simple and straightforward – SEO.
Now that you know that SEO is an essential part of your digital marketing strategy, let’s have a look at some of the simpleyet amazing SEO tips and tricks that can help you stay ahead of the curve without wasting your money.
- Always insert keywords in the right place, and let them appear naturally in your content.
- Don’t forget to add titles and subtitles in your content as they increase readability, ensure better user experience, and subsequently result in higher SEO rankings.
- One of the best practices is to try and rank for featured snippets for higher click-through rate, and web traffic.
- Add relevant outbound and internal links for increased relevancy.
- Optimize your website load time for reducing the bounce rate of your website.
All said and done, it is important to note that search engines keep on updating their ranking algorithms, thus making SEO a tricky feat. So, to avoid the hassle, you should consider hiring an expert. Like for example if you reside in Seattle, then seeking help from an affordable SEO agency in Seattle can help you achieve higher search rankings, thereby improving yourlead conversion ratio significantly.
Tip 5 Invest in an Email Marketing Program
If you are a wise marketer, you’d know that email still remains one of the most cost-effective methods of reaching out to a larger audience effectively. So, if you’re struggling with a limited budget, and wondering how to market your business and its product offerings, you should invest in an end-to-end email marketing program.
However, while designing your email marketing campaign, always remember that to achieve a higher ROI, your emails should be personalized based on the needs and wants of your target audience. A survey by the Campaign Monitor revealed that companies who rely on segmented email marketing campaigns witness as much as a 760 percent increase in their revenue.
The Bottom Line
In a nutshell, the above-mentioned marketing tips and tricks can help your business engage customers, improve your brand image, and boost sales without costing you a lot of money. However, the important thing to remember is that the markets nowadays are highly competitive, and making an impact would require a considerable amount of time and effort. So, be patient, and experiment consistently to figure out which digital marketing ideas are working out for your intended audience.