One of the most convenient email exchange services is Microsoft Outlook. All types of businesses from small scale industries to large enterprises and corporates use this email service. If it gets any connection issues, the whole communication system interrupts in no time. You might have faced the problems of Microsoft Outlook Disconnected, and you are required to resolve the issue.
If this is the case, then you have landed at the correct place. In this guide tutorial, we will discuss everything you need to know about Microsoft Outlook and what you can do to resolve it if it disconnects. Be with us in this article to deep dive into the world of Microsoft Outlook and Outlook disconnected.
What Is Microsoft Outlook?
In simple words, Microsoft Outlook works as a desktop-based email-client. You can sync your email address and email id to send and receive emails. You get the facilities to compose your mails with your desired formats, colors, fonts, spellings, and many more. There are many features that Microsoft Outlook provides to its users, like calendar, task manager, contact manager, note-making, journal, web browsing, and many more. You can manage your time, meetings, appointment, and many more that you schedule for your business with the help of the calendar feature of Microsoft Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook As SPIM:
Microsoft Outlook is a smart personal information manager that offers mail client services. You might have used it under the Microsoft Office Suite, and the program is used by thousands of organizations worldwide. It provides mailing and skills and also supports a calendar, tasks, and contact talents.
Therefore, no single organization or individual desires to see it as disconnected from the network. It is because of Microsoft Outlook as the area of application with a wide range of countries, organizations, and start-ups. Thousands of industries use it as a tool to communicate. It supports the best designs of user interface and graphics.
How To Resolve Microsoft Outlook disconnected Issues?
When such applications are essential for any organizations, it is never desirable to see that it disconnects from the server or network. That is the same as what happens with Microsoft Outlook because it fails to work due to some connectivity issues. Whenever Microsoft Outlook disconnects, it invites several issues to any organization.
Lacking this program and its connection, employees and top management teams become unable to proceed with their work. They can not meet their deadlines, they miss their work, and it wastes your time. It is because Microsoft Outlook is the most convenient, quicker, faster, and cost-effective tool or application that every organization needs. Here, we have listed the easiest and hundred percent working solution that you can use to resolve if your Microsoft Outlook disconnects.
Way 1:- ReStart PC If Outlook Disconnects
Everyone tries this way as a first solution if the PC or software has any issues with connections or programming. However, Outlook disconnects suddenly, without any prior notice. As soon as you restart-your-PC launch it, and as you know, it can take longer after restarting your PC. Once you finish, it must launch usually. If it does not open usually, then go through a second way to solve the issue.
Way 2: Ping Command To Your Server
Sometimes, it is not sufficient to restart to resolve the issues of outlook software. At that time, you are required to give Ping Command to your server to try. It is a command within your operating system, which checks the network connectivity and the speed among the two networks.
There are two networks, one is your network, and the second one is hosting that you bought on the internet. To command, you require a server name. Get that name, and follow the steps.
- Navigate to the start menu, and access the Run from your PC.
- There, you are required to type CMD for command and click OK.
- In the command prompt, type “Ping” + name of the exchange server.
- It will run the command and will display results as a response. It must say there is an issue with your network.
- You have to contact the server team to resolve this issue.
- If you receive some packets as a response like sent = 4, received = 4, and lost = 0, then there are no issues of connection or network. It might be a problematic LAN.
Way 3: Check Active Local Area Network Account Password
First, make sure there is an active Microsoft Outlook account. To do that, you have to check your LAN account password settings. By doing so, you come to know your account has not expired yet. Follow these steps to check.
- Check if your domain account has locked or its password has expired.
- Reset the password if the client agrees to do it.
- After that, you have to get access to LAN and go to users.
- Navigate for your desired password to reset.
- Go to users, and click on the Reset Password.
- Type a whole new password and confirm the same. The problem should be resolved now. If still, there is an issue, go through the way 4.
Way 4: Is Your Program Offline?
If the first three ways can not resolve your issue of Microsoft outlook disconnected, then you have to check if the program is in offline mode or not. However, sometimes, it is found common that Microsoft outlook goes offline unintentionally, unpredictably, and unknowingly. There is a possibility that you forgot to select online mode. So, check if it is online or offline. To change the settings, follow the steps.
- Launch outlook software.
- At the bottom right corner, there is a disconnected message. Click on it.
- It will show you the list menu of context, and it will show you that the program is in offline mode.
- If you see there is a Work Offline option checked, uncheck it and go online. It must resolve your issue with Microsoft Outlook. If you find it unchecked, check it and uncheck it to change the settings. If it still can not resolve your issue, go through the way 5.
Way 5: Launch Microsoft Outlook In Safe Mode
When above all the resolutions fail, you must use this way. Follow these steps to launch Microsoft Outlook in a safe mode.
- Navigate Run Program from the start menu.
- Give input as “outlook.exe/safe” and click OK.
- If there were issues while installing add-ons, then you have to disable all the unnecessary add-ons.
- After that, relaunch the app again, and you can see your issue resolved.
Bonus Tips For Additional Guide To Resolve Outlook Connection Issues:
We have analyzed that there are numerous ways to resolve outlook connection issues. You can use one of them to continue with your business and its activities. However, if you think your problem has not been solved yet, then follow these two methods to resolve your outlook connection issues.
Way 6: Try To Disable IPv6 To Resolve Connection Issues
Almost every way that we have discussed work one hundred percent. However, if all fails at a time, you must disable IPv6 and note. It is very technical, and if you are not a technical person, you must take support from an IT expert. Otherwise, there might be another issue.
Sometimes, outlook 2013, 2016, 2019, and Microsoft Outlook 365 lose their connections if office 365 has hosted an exchange mailbox. You can use this way by disabling IPv6 on the network adapter, which is handling your internet connection. The following steps will help you perform this task.
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Here, you have to change the adaptor settings.
- Go to Properties, and right-click on the adaptor.
- Also, click on the box of the Internet Protocol (TCP/IPv6).
- Uncheck that box, and after that, and restart-your-PC.
- Once it finishes the troubleshooting, you might see outlook 2019 reconnects. However, there is a possibility that it does not happen.
Wondering What Exactly Is IPv6?
Internet protocol has two versions, one is IPv4, and another is IPv6. ARIN is a registry that assigns Internet Protocol addressees. And it does not use IPv4 anymore. If there are two IP addresses IPv4 and IPv6, they can not work well together. So, you are required to disable it.
Way 7: Corruption Of Outlook Profile.
Another possibility is that your outlook profile gets corrupted. If it does, Microsoft outlook can no longer remember your password. If it happens, you are required to create a brand new mail profile with the help of a control panel. At that particular moment, you will reconfigure the mail account in your new outlook profile. This way, you can resolve your outlook connection issues.
Was this article helpful to you in resolving your Microsoft Outlook connection issues? We have concluded with the best working ways to solve problems with the Microsoft Outlook connection. If you think your Microsoft Outlook disconnected, then use one of the ways to resolve your issue.
However, no single organization can afford to see that their Microsoft Outlook disconnected stays for longer. Therefore, these seven ways must have helped you to solve your problem. We recommend you to perform the first five ways whenever Microsoft Outlook disconnects, and if you can not solve it by them, go for the other two methods.